The future starts today: we are looking for utopias and dystopias, virtual worlds, alternative realities and parallel universes where imagination runs wild: the international call for proposals of the 23rd Future Film Festival is now officially open!
The dates of the twenty-third edition have also been announced: this year the festival will take place in Bologna from 15th to 19th November and in Modena from 24th to 26th November.
The number one international “Made in Italy” event entirely dedicated to animation, visual effects, virtual and augmented reality, gaming, and media arts is organized by the social cooperative Doc Servizi and its network Rete Doc, in collaboration with the Amici del Future Film Festival association.
From today until 30 July, works can be presented with no limitation of duration, provided they have been created in the last two years. There are six competition categories (five international and one Italian):
- National/international animated feature films: unpublished narrative animation lasting 50 minutes or longer;
- Unpublished national/international feature films with visual effects lasting 50 minutes or longer;
- National/international animation short films with visual effects lasting less than 50 minutes including credits;
- National and international series, meaning any animation project intended as series, including pilots, pilot presentations, webseries, docu-series, limited series, anthologies, or any other film or video designed for multi episodic purposes, with the possibility of submitting one or more episodes of the same project;
- National/international “New Frontiers”: innovative works, immersive experiences in AR or VR, works created for various platforms, i.e. Mixed Media, multimedia installations, live film performances or performances designed for other specific digital platforms;
- Italian Visual Effects, a category for backstage visual effects made by professionals or companies from Italy.
The deadline for submitting proposals is 30th July 2023. The list of the selected works will be announced by 30th September 2023.
The competing works will be at the heart of a series of events that will liven up Bologna and Modena, including previews, retrospectives, exhibitions, workshops for children, talks with experts or lecturers, occasions to exchange for professionals and fan meetings.
To participate, please fill in the form at futurefilmfestival.it/en , under the “Submit your work” section.
For more information write to email@example.com.